Job Title: Dishwasher
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Location: 6256 Highway 9, Felton, CA 95018
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt position
- Shifts include the weekends, holidays, events, and evenings as reasonably necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Compensation: $16 per hour + tips
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (30+ hours)
- 401k + employer match
- Vacation, holiday, and sick pay for eligible employees
- Employee discount
The right candidate exemplifies the Humble Sea brand values of “Kooky, Humble, Approachable, Innovative and Righteous.” Reporting to the Humble Sea Kitchen Manager, Dishwashers passionately model Humble Sea’s mission of creating a fun and brand-aligned dining experience and exciting, local, and seasonal food. Dishwashers will maintain inviting dining and serving the environment and ensure the restaurant’s overall cleanliness.
Keys to Success
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the dish area.
- Aid in cleanliness and maintenance of the restaurant spaces such as walk-ins, service areas, storage units, restrooms, etc. ------ Including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, removing trash, wiping counters, etc.
- Ensure all utensils, glassware, and cups are available and stocked for the guests.
- Ensure all kitchenware/cookware is appropriately cleaned and available for cooks
- Assist in the organization and distribution of orders to the proper storage space using First In First Out (FIFO) methods
- Build and maintain excellent relationships and communication within departments, including the Front Of House (FOH) and Back Of House (BOH) staff.
- Follow the service standards in line with the Humble Sea and its vision, mission, and values.
- Follow sanitation protocols set by the Kitchen Manager and state standards.
- Ensure all bus carts and dish storage is clean and sanitized
- Highly collaborative, flexible, ability to engage in positive, supportive, professional relationships
- Align with Humble Sea’s mission and core values
- Demonstrate experience in and enthusiasm for process improvement
-Ability to stand/walk for up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry the product necessary for customer service and inventory restocking
- Ability to walk up and down the staircase, carrying boxes, products, and other related items.
- Ability to perform maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to safely work with equipment and chemicals
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Must have up to date California food handlers card
- Excellent people skills.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge in impeccable high service standards, preferably in a medium large-scale dining environment.
- Experience providing an excellent guest experience, including creating loyalty and repeat customers
- Proven ability to build successful relations with both superiors and colleagues
- The ability to speak a second language is a plus.
Every employee’s responsibility is to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.